Universal Access To All Knowledge
Home Donate | Store | Blog | FAQ | Jobs | Volunteer Positions | Contact | Bios | Forums | Projects | Terms, Privacy, & Copyright

Poster: Administrator, Curator, or StaffI Am Gen X Date: Feb 15, 2012 6:33pm
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims

Hello, Bullie.

I've disputed every single fake claim put on PD material on my channel. Believe it. Over sixty in eight days, and now I've noticed I do have less views on new videos.

It's literally taken hours and hours and hours to dispute their fake claims. I don't just let claims sit. I use YT dispute and I hunt them down. I email the companies. I make videos showing the fake claims, I post their claim s in the video descriptions now with the dispute numbers, and my emails to the companies.

I also ask each company what it's specifically doing to make sure this does not happen again, if they intend to return the money they made and to whom will they return it. None of them have responded to any of these issues.

I have contact information for every company or entity that's made a claim on my channel. Say the word and I'll post a condensed updated list. Other people might need it and I know it's hard to come by. Until then, this is where the drama with Jose (owner of Cinetel Multimedia) got ugly:

> Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 18:19:09
> To: JOSE MANUEL JARA NAVA
> Subject: Re: RELEASE 1936 Great Guy
>
> Did you just threaten to sue me?
>
> On 2/12/2012 4:08 PM, JOSE MANUEL JARA NAVA wrote:
>
>> I didn't know how to exclude a channel from claims although you don't
>> beleive it. I have been searching about it and i think now it's done. (i am
>> write your email address in the box that appears). I hope there will be no
>> problems with your channel again as we don't want with anyone who does not
>> upload our castillian versions.
>> But kindly i ask you to delete the video you have uploaded about my company
>> in your channel. You are talking bad about our company, using our logo,
>> images and company info without permission. Also, please remove the info
>> about our company and my name in the google support forum. Contrary to what
>> you say, I was kindly, polite and sincere with you the first time i knew
>> about the claims, and always had good intentions, while you were out of
>> tune. I keep all the mails too.
>> We don't want more confrontations. Please, delete all about my company or we
>> will be in the obligation to take legal action.
>> Thank you
>> Best regards

On 12/02/12 2:08, "Gen X" wrote:
Yet another problem. Release this Public Domain video. Again. I suggest you white list my channel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsYidc9mmSs

Video cited:
Cinetel Multimedia: False Claims on the Public Domain
http://youtu.be/5YFtlPiAXfI

Forums post cited:
Companies filing claims on the Public Domain (Orchard, AdRev, DashGo/AudioBee, Music Pub Rights Collecting Soc, etc)
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/youtube/thread?tid=0d8a30cdd4a85622&;hl=en

The Streisand Effect took over after I mentioned he threatened legal action if I did sanitize the channel and forum of his company, and tons of people started emailing me lovely letters of support with links like this:

FORUM POST Companies filing claims on the Public Domain (webpage)
http://www.mediafire.com/?je7kau622txb8kd

FORUM POST Companies filing claims on the Public Domain (PDF)
http://bayfiles.com/file/2SlB/Ti7G2U/Forum_Post_-_Companies_filing_claims_on_the_Public_Domain_PDF.pdf

FORUM POST Companies filing claims on the Public Domain (Video)
http://videobam.com/jvHbP

ORIGINAL VIDEO Cinetel Multimedia False Claims on the Public Domain
http://www.putlocker.com/file/F460C366A6728F03

And, yes, it does come up in searches.

Gen

Poster: bullie89 Date: Feb 15, 2012 8:22pm
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims

This is outstanding!!! So many of us are after him that he is losing his mind. I have blocked him from my channel. He just sees the stuff I write in the disputes. Tomorrow I will upload Laughton and O'Hara in 'Jamaica Inn' and see what happens.

I have called the SOPA madness politicians as well as faxed them about this. I also said the the fees for copyrights are so cheap they are giving our American history away for practically nothing. Cinetel now has its web site with 'image coming soon' next to their alleged films. If it were the case that they own this stuff, then why is it still here in the archive?

Check out: pattoninplaid that is a channel from my friend Chris who is going nuts about this stuff. If you message him just tell him that I sent you. My name is Ellen and Bullwinkle was a Thoroughbred racehorse I rescued from being dinner in France. He passed, but I use his name as a reminder of him. 89 was the year of his birth. He was killed by a car in a freak accident in 2000. Horses got out of the pasture and they all galloped down to the street at 5am. 2 of mine were killed, others were injured but survived.

I am trying to raise funds for my horse rescue, but YouTube is making it difficult by manipulating my views, and refusing to accept that my PIN on my corporate credit card is correct! I sort of detest them too! Hang in...Ellen

Poster: Administrator, Curator, or StaffI Am Gen X Date: Feb 15, 2012 9:08pm
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims

Re: SOPA etc - Go to the channel and note the links. You may find them helpful http://www.youtube.com/user/CinemaVintage

Re: PattonInPlaid: Emailed, with link to this post as explanation. Sorry to hear about your lovely horse.

Re: YT difficulties for fund raising: They have sites that help raise funds. Also, Kickstarter for investors might help? (Search for link) Keeping a blog and aligning yourself with bigger, similar charities may help, too?

Re: CINETEL MULTIMEDIA: The more this guy pushed me, the more Dirty Harry, squinty-eyed, one-liner'ed I became. Start at the bottom, work your way up, have a cheer on me....

On 2/13/2012 3:50 PM, Gen X wrote:
> "please remove the video about my company and the info about us in the google forum"
> Or what?
>
> On 2/13/2012 4:10 AM, JOSE MANUEL JARA NAVA wrote:
>> Well, can we forget all about this misunderstanding? I have white listed you, so the problem with you is solved. For my part i did what you asked for me.
>> Now i am asking you, again, kindly, please remove the video about my company and the info about us in the google forum, so we can forget all about this issue. That’s all. For a good understanding between the two of us.
>> Thanks again
>>

>> On 13/02/12 11:20, "Gen X" wrote:
>>
>> You have no legal grounds to sue me.

I hope he enjoys that Streisand Effect.

Gen, still growling.

Poster: bullie89 Date: Feb 16, 2012 9:02pm
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims

Here is the definitive language from the US Copyright office in DC. I received this today.

"Public domain" means that copyright no longer applies to the work. When the copyright has expired, it is said to be in the public domain. This means anyone is free to use the material. When a work is in the public domain, then the copyright can no longer be sold or transferred, since copyright protection no longer applies to the work.

If you have additional questions or need further assistance, our contact information is listed below.

Sincerely,

JS
U.S. Copyright Office
Attn: Public Information Office-LM401
101 Independence Avenue, S.E.
Washington, DC 20559-6000
Short story, we can use it and so can he but he is lying about having purchased the copyrights because THEY ARE NOT FOR SALE!! Somebody sold him a bill of goods and that is certain. Now all we have to do is to get YouTube to understand that.

All of this is a huge waste of time. I will send YouTube a letter and cite Cinetel and all of the other clowns. I am sick to death of this crap. I told a falsehood regarding the actors and actresses that are living, it depends on the contract they had, and that is where the rub is. Jack Nicholson probably was paid very little or next to nothing for his early films. But Cinetel and YouTube bought it. It worked, as I knew it would. But I also knew they could not claim a copyright on any of these films!

Regarding my horse rescue, I don't want to be swallowed up by another rescue as I would be dealing with their Board (mine is quite impressive) and also, there are rescues that are dishonest. I have a business model that puts the horses first. I free lease them to qualified lessees, which means they can actually ride the horse. There are always tons of applicants as the horses are not ready for lease until they are completely rehabbed and retrained. I do all of this myself. Retaining ownership ensures that the horse will always have a home. I will take a horse back, and I have the right to recall a horse. Neither has ever happened in my 18 years of rescuing horses. Since the Corporation owns the horses, I don't make a dime from them. I am by no means independently wealthy, but I do what I have must to be sure they, and my house pets get what they need.

My site has been hacked and they did a great job. It is a huge site and I did not notice until half of the home page was missing!

Take heart Gen, this too shall pass. You can be sure of it.

Ellen

Poster: Thomas Mores Date: Feb 16, 2012 2:19am
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims

He guys.
Great work Let's drive Cinetel Multimedia on. I love this posse!
What a nonsence offering to whiteflag only you. He should be stopped putting claims on all P.D. movies.
Cinetel Multimedia (JOSE MANUEL JARA NAVA) is committing Copyfraud and is threatening honorable citizens.
To all P.D and Internet Archive fans I would like to ask: Join the posse!

Poster: Administrator, Curator, or StaffI Am Gen X Date: Feb 16, 2012 9:30am
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims

Shall I post a condensed list of the people making fake claims and how to contact them her at the archives for others who may need it?

A longer form can be found here "Companies filing claims on the Public Domain (Orchard, AdRev, DashGo/AudioBee, Music Pub Rights Collecting Soc, etc)" at http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/youtube/thread?tid=0d8a30cdd4a85622&;hl=en for now; however as I've been threatened with legal action if I do not remove it that post could be flagged for removal, and made to disappear.

So, shall I post contact information for the companies committing CopyFraud here at the IA forums so people have some way to contact these companies?